Sunday, June 10, 2012

#24 - Outdoors

While in the Maritime provinces of Canada on holiday, a year or so ago, we decided that our favourite province was Prince Edward Island.  An island of contrasts, with beaches and lovely towns, farmland and wonderful provincial parks.  This shot was taken at Greenwich, Prince Edward Island Provincial Park, a finger of land between the Gulf of St Lawrence and St Peter's Bay, on the north coast of the island.  It was a drizzly day with very few other visitors and I liked this view of the beach as we crested dunes running the length of the shoreline.  In PSE 10, I added an Orton effect after using a Detail filter in Topaz Adjust 5.

How much more outdoors than this can you get?!

5 comments:

  1. It looks like one of Mike's (Boomer) beach shots. I can give you no higher praise than that (I Think)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the leading line to the beach and rolling water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How inviting! I love your processing, it looks painterly. I hear sea birds...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the composition Linda. The processing is a little over the top for my taste. To me it's a beautiful image that would stand on it's own, with maybe just a tweak of levels and curves.

    You've found a beautiful spot. Wish I was there right now.

    M.

    ReplyDelete