Sunday, June 3, 2012

23 Excitement

Would you look at me - my last four posts have had people in them!  I'm very hesitant to shoot people (with a camera!) and especially when they see me aiming at them, then stop and pose...  In 99% of cases, that's not what I wanted.

Anyway, this week I was in town and lo and behold our main street was closed off with fire trucks, ambulances and all the peripheral vehicles that accompany them.  The firemen were gearing up in their smoke-prevention suits and then entered an apartment over one of the stores.  (There was never any smoke in evidence so I'm hoping it was just a false alarm.)  However, it did cause a bit of excitement in our sleepy little town and I think the collage of shots I got convey that feeling.  I added a "fiery" background just for added punch but as I say there was no fire, nor smoke, anywhere - thankfully!

6 comments:

  1. And what a great tribute to them (and you)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you've put this together...heroic men even before they do anything heroic..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection of images....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting layout that show the action taking place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great closeups of the rescue team at work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super journalism through photo's!

    ReplyDelete