Sunday, October 7, 2012

#41 Maturity

Well, if "Youth" doesn't have to be human, I'm sure I can get away with "Maturity" not being too.

My post this week is of a weathered old tree we saw on a walk along the River Thames near London, Ontario on Friday.  We went with some lawn bowling friends whose favourite place to walk this is. 

How this poor thing stays standing I'm sure I don't know but if, as I was reminded, a tree has as widespread roots as its branches, then this one certainly has lots of support apart from these exposed roots.

Not a super mature subject for an image, but probably getting up there in years.

See you next week!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful fall color in the fallen leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One strong tree! I love the warm tones in the leaves and in the river.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the warm tones...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photo, and I didn't know 'we' had a Thames in Ontario, live and learn isn't it! These golden tones are good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete