Sunday, February 5, 2012

#6 Pastimes

True, dyed-in-the-wool lawn bowlers wouldn't like me calling this a Pastime.  As I'm one of them, though, I feel I can take liberties and include it here as it's one of my favourite ones.  In Canada, my hustand and I play in tournaments to win money (not very much!) but it gives us an incentive to play that much better. 

Watching a Mixed Pairs Final tournament, I was struck by this gal's great delivery and took two shots in a row, then merged them in Elements to create a nice technical demonstration of how to deliver the bowl. Thought it fit this topic to a 'T' so here it is:

8 comments:

  1. Very good combining of images...I'll have to take your word for it that she has the technique ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job merging the photos to create the technical demo. Looks like a pleasant pastime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nice outdoor activity that would move more quickly than golf....nicely exposed image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you merged the pics...it really shows the action required!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous! - this is definitely a new technique for me to learn - the photo merge not the bowls ;)
    http://inmyworld-2012inphotographs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is great grim determination in their stances.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice compositing, this looks like a fun thing to do on a warm sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fine image!

    ReplyDelete