Monday, February 20, 2012

#8 Objects

The topic "Objects" is a pretty open one and so I'm using this photo I took in our daughter's backyard in January.  It looks to be a piece of board on which breeze blocks have been laid and then spray painted, next to a stack of patio slabs (they just had a swimming pool put in last autumn).  I was attracted to the warm tones in the ground, contrasted with the white board with its patterns.


The only enhancing I did to the photo was to open it in its native RAW format and use the Recovery and Fill Light sliders to even out the highlights and shadows.  Love this ability in RAW as compared to trying to get the correct tones in a photo using the Enhance tool in PSE alone - not always too successful.  I'll continue to shoot in RAW if only for this facility!

6 comments:

  1. The warm tones are gorgeous...and I love the shapes on the board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interpretattion of the theme...good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just looked at this shot with new eyes and see that the objects that were spray painted on the piece of wood were electrical outlet covers and light switch covers! Part of the addition our daughter had done too, I guess.

    Thanks to all for your nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that RAW processing too. I only shoot in RAW just because of the ability to bring out hidden details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful duo of creativity!

    ReplyDelete