Sunday, February 12, 2012

#7 - Utilities

Yes, believe it or not, this - in Florida - is a Utility.  It's something that I'm sure the Floridians rely on in the summer months, especially if - like this one - it's particularly close to water.  What is it?  It's a rainfall measurement system; sorry but I don't have the technical term for it.



I processed the image in Topaz Adjust 5 (Medium Sketch) , used the Kim Klassen texture "revolution" as a separate layer, with a lowered layer opacity and blending mode set to Soft Light, and finally added an onOne Photo Essentials frame.

7 comments:

  1. I like the processing. Thanks for explaining how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one interesting looking contraption! Thanks for sharing your processing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wild looking and nice processing, I like that border.. Are those spiky things to discourage birds?

    Have you had trouble with spam? That word verifier adds a fair amount of time to those of us with slow connections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen - I didn't know there was a word verifier on this site. Will check it out to see if I can disable it. I think it's to prevent other computers from being able to access sites automatically, without a person actually doing it. Sorry about that and no, I haven't had any trouble with spam. Thanks for your comments.

      Delete
    2. Have disabled the word verifier, Ellen so no more slow-down with your dial up.

      Delete
  4. That is the fanciest rain gauge I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing the workflow. The extreme sunlight here is a challenge in itself at times isn't it?

    ReplyDelete