Sunday, May 6, 2012

#19 Travel

A single stationary train car in front of the old station building that now serves as a gallery, in the middle of town, was the basis of this image.  I found an old photo of a country scene that works well as a perfect foil for the 'train' rushing through at twilight - four layers in dimishing sizes, treated with motion blur and slightly reduced in opacity to further give a sense of speed.  The sky looked a bit bland when I finished so I added a few early evening stars - that's the North Star on the left, the brightest one, in case you didn't guess...


This exercise is proving to be a lot more fun that I thought it would be, not a chore at all and is stretching my photographic range to enable me to fulfil the various themes.  Never go anywhere without my little point-and-shoot Panasonic these days!

6 comments:

  1. Very cool effect--I think it works especially well with those super-saturated colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great creation...I admire your post process skills

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creative and clever....glad to see that you were able to work your idea through...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very impressed, great results...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great compositing indeed! I think having a theme or any theme in the back of your mind is the best thing about a challenge like this.

    ReplyDelete