Monday, April 30, 2012

#18 Bounds

Well here I am, and this is me trying to think "outside of the box".  The Theme is "Bounds" and in my opinion, this photo fits the category.  Once more, we find ourselves on the Port Burwell beach where there are designated Areas (apparently there's one for nudists but we didn't come across that one...).  This one was Area 5.

The sign was actually on the right-hand side of the shot but I moved it to the left (more pleasing to the eye, I've been told by judges, because we read from left to right), added a Flood effect from Flaming Pear and the sign's reflection.  (I wasn't actually standing in the lake to take the picture!)  In Topaz Adjust, I used a Sketch filter to get this result which I found very pleasing. 

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I don't think it adviseable to go to the nudist section with a camera, in a country where people carry guns! Hey there's a question where do American nudist pack their pistols?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful effect.
    Ron cracked me up . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, the squiggly reflection of the sign is too cool, all the effects make a very interesting and pleasing photo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good processing....and I have heard the left to right idea before too....and that people and/or things should look into the image ....so your sign pole is perfectly placed to cover both those 'rules'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, like the way you have taken an ordinary scene and added interest as a result of your processing...like your out-of-the box approach.

    ReplyDelete