Monday, April 23, 2012

#17 - Rural

Sorry, I'm a day late but had week-end guests.

On our trip back from Florida earlier this month, we traveled through a part of Ontario that is particularly rural in its look and feel.  From the car window, I managed to shoot this typical farm scene that I thought would suit the theme just fine.  (Yes, I take my Theme list with me wherever I go - just in case - and also carry my little Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH1 with me at all times too!)  It didn't turn out to be too bad a shot, considering it was taken through the window of a moving car.  I did something to it in Topaz Adjust - think it was Sketch - Medium - to give it a bit of 'punch', and cropped it.



The sketch effect reminds me of a child's drawing and I love the way the bare trees - still early April - have been softened using it.

6 comments:

  1. Very artistic...and great bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....your countryside is very colourful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful coloured pencil sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a super blend of colours, I love how the tree tips are a little darker blue than the sky, they seem to be stretching upwards, like they are all in a yoga class...very cool photo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cheery image!
    I like to play with topaz too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an enjoyable transformation of this countryside!

    ReplyDelete