Sunday, April 8, 2012

#15 X Factor

Well, this theme has had me stumped since I got the list but as luck would have it, a tutorial was just posted on a website that I follow showing how to make a photo with text.  Rather than inserting part of a story or other text, though, I simply used a screen full of xes (x's - ???) with a photo of our granddaughter, Gabrielle, when she was little.  I added the gradient to give it a more girly feel rather than leave it as a B&W but then found it was a bit washed out so drew the soft line around her for more definition.  Great fun!

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful result!
    Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea Linda. I don't have the foggiest idea of what to do with the theme either. If you don't mind, I may uh, borrow your idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By all means - the idea's not mine by a long shot so be my guest and let me know when you post yours so I can have a look!

      Delete
  3. well this is very neat idea and a sweet image of your grand daughter, who would have tunk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and very nice result...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello lovely... (couldn't find comments below your selfie).... i just wanted to say I'm so happy you shared you..... for beyond...I don't see what you see at all.... it's funny how that works.... you are beautiful.... so proud of you for sharing!! xo, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun take on the theme. I do like the pink for a little girl, and the bubble gum tone adds a touch of spunk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you applied the Be Creative Challenge into this theme......and your image came out great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! I love your interpretation of the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad I am not the only one stumped by this theme! You did a terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute idea for a portrait - and great for the theme
    Iris
    http://inmyworld-2012inphotographs.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete