Saturday, July 7, 2012

#28 Colours

...or for my American friends "Colors"...!

Kim Klassen's Beyond Layers class this week featured a colour storyboard which gave me the inspiration for this image.  It was taken in our backyard - don't know the name of the flower but it was a Spring bloomer.  I adjusted the Hue/Saturation, added one of Kim's textures - Simple Things - and masked out some of the flowers to show where the colour swatches at the bottom had come from.



Earlier in the year, we had the assignment of posting an image featuring one particular colour each day - blue, green, pink, red and yellow - then on Saturday we were to post a "rainbow" one.  This is what I came up with for that - full of colour too so thought I would share it with you folks, if you haven't already seen it on my Beyond Layers page.


5 comments:

  1. Seems like a great class! Awesome shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kim's classes are the best and it looks like you are seeing things a bit differently...loving these images of color and really love the texture you added to that first image...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS, I recently stumbled on KK's site (fellow canadian suggested I look) but am not efficient enough with the PSE10 yet, I can't wait to be though, her courses look like a lot of fun........

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful texture and a fine way to look at colors and parse them. The flowers are likely pulmonaria, aka lungwort, Bethlehem sage and my favorite common name for it, boys and girls for the blue turning to pink in most sorts.

    ReplyDelete