Thursday, September 20, 2012

#38 Vistas

My excuse for lateness this week is house guests following a very busy week-end.  Pretty lame I know but that's all I can come up with.

So here's my submission for "Vistas" - a photo I took on Saturday on a photographic outing with my local camera club to the 40th anniversary of the Nanticoke Generating Station in Ontario.  It was quite an interesting day but unfortunately no indoor photography (turbines, machines of all sorts, grunge and interesting "things") was allowed.  The day was cool and sunny for the most part, except when we were taken by bus to the wetlands that have been created for the site to be environmentally friendly.  Then, of course, the sun went in when we were finally allowed to leave the bus for a bit.  The farm in the distance is what caught my eye but the whole image was dull and lacked any sparkle so I put my own punch into it.

There was an online tutorial this week on how to simulate long exposure skies and so I used that first and applied a Dramatic Topaz Adjust filter to it.  That farm in the distance faded into the trees so I added a ray of light coming out of the clouds onto it.  Finally, I recomposed the foreground to get rid of some of the middle ground that lacked the interest of the rest and applied a Dramatic Topaz Adjust filter to it too.

I like the result and hope you find it a pleasing vista as well...

6 comments:

  1. I love the effect it gave the sky...it feels like it is moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice result. I like the depth of the vista.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my goodness this is all too complicated for me, but I LOVE your end results...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Striking! Looks like one can see for miles. I like the effect on the sky and the layers of yellow drawing one in.

    ReplyDelete